Design of Propulsion and Electric Power Generation Systems
This publication is a guide to the design of propulsion and electric power generation systems. It concentrates primarily on marine systems engineering.
The guide to the design of propulsion and electric power generation systems covers the following topics:
- The principles of marine engineering
- the main components of propulsion and electric power supply systems
- the resistance and propulsion characteristics of ships and the electric power demand
- energy conversion
- the operating principles and characteristics of machinery and equipment on board (including diesel engines, gas turbines, electric motors and screw type propellers)
- matching the propulsion engine to propeller
- ship fuel consumption and exhaust emission.
An Exercises Annex is included, which contains practical examples to help understand and reinforce the concepts within this publication.
IMarEST is the first Institute to bring together marine engineers, scientists and technologists into one international multi-disciplinary professional body.
Here you will find all the information you need about who we are, what we do and why we do it.
You can also find out how IMarEST is governed, learn about the history of IMarEST, founded in 1889, and discover how our associated charity, The Guild of Benevolence, works to support those in the marine community requiring financial support.
- Number of Pages:
- Binding Format:
- Book Height:
- 245 mm
- Book Width:
- 190 mm
- 1.6 kg
Hans Klein Woud and Douwe Stapersma