Regulatory Primer for 2nd & Chief Engineers: Questions and Answers Covering Current and New Regulations - 11th Edition 2021/2022
Whether you are preparing for a new certificate or are already a 2nd or Chief Engineer, this pocket book will bring you up to date with new and existing maritime regulations. It is organised into subject areas such as equipment, crew and the environment and is presented as questions and answers with supporting notes.
- Recent amendments to SOLAS, including LSA and FFE requirements
- recent amendments to MARPOL, such as the carbon intensity indicator (CII) and the energy efficiency existing ship index (EEXI)
- updates to MLC and STCW
- security questions, including the ISPS Code
- Port State Control
- ship certificates and recordkeeping
- explanation of the principal IMO Codes and Conventions
- ballast water management
- machinery space safety procedures.
Witherbys titles are developed using scripts developed by technical experts that are peer reviewed within work groups. Typically, they seek to improve understanding of the regulations, recommendations and guidelines issued by Industry.
Witherbys staff have significant expertise in the fields of navigation and hazardous cargoes as well as in the presentation of complex subjects in a graphic and easy to understand manner.
- Number of Pages:
- Book Height:
- 180 mm
- Book Width:
- 120 mm
- 0.2 kg
- Published Date:
- November 2021